This is a time of great possibility for the left, but only if we are prepared to stand our ground
Last week more than 100,000 people read, listened or watched our output as we took down Chuka Umuna and his co-defectors as well as Jacob Rees-Mogg's imperial delusions, defended Shamima Begum's right to return to Britain and interviewed school students at the brilliant climate protests.
This is more evidence of a widespread mood to defy the right, defend Corbyn, push for clear socialist politics and support street activism.
Thanks to everyone who filmed, wrote and recorded for us from around the country. Please keep your articles, reports, photos and videos coming in.
As the slow coup against Corbyn picks up speed the left needs to both expand and toughen up. Our audience could of course be bigger still. To get there, we need more contributors, more members and supporters sharing and reposting our material and yes, more finance.
As we increase our reach, we need more technical input, more equipment and more staff.
This is a time of great possibility for the left, but only if we are prepared to stand our ground.
Send us your thoughts, analysis or reports in writing or on screen.
And please consider joining Counterfire to strengthen the fight back.
More articles from this author
- In the spirit of the Levellers: educate, agitate, organise
- Dump Trump: Protest the State Visit, June 3/4/5 - Counterfire freesheet May 2019
- Why we're marching for Palestine on 11 May
- Rebels for life: next steps for the climate justice movement
- Counterfire statement on UCU election for general secretary
- Bernie Sanders 2020: what difference can he make this time?
- Creggan and the death of Lyra McKee