This is a time of great possibility for the left, but only if we are prepared to stand our ground
Last week more than 100,000 people read, listened or watched our output as we took down Chuka Umuna and his co-defectors as well as Jacob Rees-Mogg's imperial delusions, defended Shamima Begum's right to return to Britain and interviewed school students at the brilliant climate protests.
This is more evidence of a widespread mood to defy the right, defend Corbyn, push for clear socialist politics and support street activism.
Thanks to everyone who filmed, wrote and recorded for us from around the country. Please keep your articles, reports, photos and videos coming in.
As the slow coup against Corbyn picks up speed the left needs to both expand and toughen up. Our audience could of course be bigger still. To get there, we need more contributors, more members and supporters sharing and reposting our material and yes, more finance.
As we increase our reach, we need more technical input, more equipment and more staff.
This is a time of great possibility for the left, but only if we are prepared to stand our ground.
Send us your thoughts, analysis or reports in writing or on screen.
And please consider joining Counterfire to strengthen the fight back.
More articles from this author
- Why nurses are considering strike action
- Opposition to the Tories is only growing - Kill the Bill protesters hit the streets nationwide
- Alabama Amazon defeat: a wake-up call for the US labour movement
- Lessons need to be learned from the British Gas defeat - News from the Frontline
- British Gas: a body blow the whole movement has to learn from
- Stop the Tory attack: Kill the bill
- We will not be silenced: list of #KillTheBill protests around the country this weekend