To commemorate the 50 year anniversary of the Battle of Saltley Gate, Unjum Mirza spoke to Granville Williams who was there about a pivotal moment in the 1972 miners' strike
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Unjum Mirza is a driver on the London Underground. He is on the Editorial Board of Tunnel Vision, the rank and file bulletin, and is an Aslef union branch chair.
More articles from this author
- Biggest rail strikes since 1989 will 'shut the system down'
- First they came for Stop the War, now they're coming for tube workers
- Uber loses again! Victory for the ADCU in the High Court
- RMT strikers don't go gently into the night tube relaunch
- Strikes win: Anatomy of the University of Liverpool victory - video
- A Marxist approach to trade union organising - video
- Misdirection: The driverless trains illusion