To commemorate the 50 year anniversary of the Battle of Saltley Gate, Unjum Mirza spoke to Granville Williams who was there about a pivotal moment in the 1972 miners' strike
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Unjum Mirza is a driver on the London Underground. He is on the Editorial Board of Tunnel Vision, the rank and file bulletin, and is an Aslef union branch chair.
More articles from this author
- Strike days: let's go onto the offensive
- Workers’ fightback resumes in a divided country
- Save our buses: Unite protests against Tory cuts to London transport
- Tory transport austerity and the mass resistance we need
- We need to win: how the strikes can break the Tories
- How to turn a strike wave into a tsunami
- The next round of rail strikes: time to tear the Tories apart