A model resolution to put to your trade union branch or other organisation to build support for teachers and support staff
This branch notes
1The emergency pandemic situation. Cases, admissions and deaths are surging at a time when hospitals are reaching or have passed capacity.
2The certainty that reopening schools will accelerate the surge. Sage experts have said that premature school opening will ensure R number stays above 1.
This branch believes
1The government is wrong to push for any schools to reopen other than for vulnerable children and children of key workers.
2The National Education Union is right to tell its members that it is not safe to go back to school and is advising them of their section 44 rights around unsafe workplaces.
This branch resolves
1To send a message of support to the local branch of the NEU.
2To support action by teachers and support staff in every way possible.
Before you go...we need your help
More articles from this author
- DVLA strike shifts up a gear - News from the Frontline
- The left and the Unite election
- Don’t be confused by complexity: defending Julian Assange is defending democracy
- Round 3: Kill the Bill protesters take to the streets across the country
- Jobs saved, threats lifted: industrial action beats the bosses at Goldsmiths
- NEU to teach Pimlico Academy a lesson - News from the Frontline
- No leeway for Leaways: solidarity with striking teachers