A model resolution to put to your trade union branch or other organisation to build support for teachers and support staff
This branch notes
1The emergency pandemic situation. Cases, admissions and deaths are surging at a time when hospitals are reaching or have passed capacity.
2The certainty that reopening schools will accelerate the surge. Sage experts have said that premature school opening will ensure R number stays above 1.
This branch believes
1The government is wrong to push for any schools to reopen other than for vulnerable children and children of key workers.
2The National Education Union is right to tell its members that it is not safe to go back to school and is advising them of their section 44 rights around unsafe workplaces.
This branch resolves
1To send a message of support to the local branch of the NEU.
2To support action by teachers and support staff in every way possible.
Before you go...we need your help
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
More articles from this author
- Welfare that makes you ill: The cruelty of the DWP
- Antigone: A shining example of disability-inclusive arts and thought-provoking theatre - review
- Women's liberation and the trans debate
- Stagecoach in Scotland: next stop, strike action - News from the Frontline
- 'Royal College of Burnout': Why lecturers are striking
- The Tories' Winter storm: meetings on the crisis in your area
- Lambeth College strike: ‘This is about people, not just about pay’