Counterfire's Shabbir Lakha speaks to Kerry Hudson, a criminal defence solicitor and former president of the LCSA, on the criminal barristers' picket line about the crisis in the criminal justice system and why barristers and solicitors are taking action
Last week we spoke to Jo Sidhu QC, Chair of the Criminal Bar Association:
“The criminal justice system is in meltdown… It should be treated as a national emergency… Our fight is a fight for the public and not just for ourselves”@JoSidhuQC, Chair of @TheCriminalBar on why criminal barristers are striking pic.twitter.com/c5A4KRQPb7— Counterfire (@counterfireorg) July 4, 2022
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Shabbir Lakha is a Stop the War officer, a People's Assembly activist and a member of Counterfire.
More articles from this author
- Truss's government of ghouls
- Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi: Next steps for the Labour left - video
- Sri Lanka: Uprising and reprisal – interview
- Audrey White: Why I confronted Keir Starmer - video
- Hot strike summer: Posties prepare to strike with 97.6% yes vote
- 'They were determined to send Gota home': how Sri Lankans toppled the President - video
- Tory chaos is our opportunity