Lindsey German speaks to Merilyn Moos about the lives and politics of her family and her as outlined in her recently published memoir Living with Shadows
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Ten points on the rail strike
- A chance to derail the Tories – weekly briefing
- Paul Mason: blinded by the right - weekly briefing
- Jubilee: pantomime for a failed state - weekly briefing
- Lindsey German statement at Spycops Inquiry
- The Tower Hamlets revolt explodes the election stalemate – weekly briefing
- Winston Churchill: His Times, His Crimes - book review