Chris Nineham discusses the nature of the war in Ukraine, how we got here and how socialists in the west must respond
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Chris Nineham is a founder member of Stop the War and Counterfire, speaking regularly around the country on behalf of both. He is author of The People Versus Tony Blair and Capitalism and Class Consciousness: the ideas of Georg Lukacs.
More articles from this author
- ‘We cannot simply wait’: Voices from the European left
- Poland missile crisis shows the terrifying potential of escalation in the Nato-Russia proxy war in Ukraine
- Marxism and Class part six: the working class and revolution
- It’s a riot on the streets: campaigning for 5 November
- Marxism and Class part five: Southern storms – class in the developing world
- Charged: How the Police Try to Suppress Protest - book review
- Welfare not weapons: The TUC vote for more arms spending is deeply mistaken