Shahd Abusalama speaks to Counterfire's Dave Randall about how she has been treated by Sheffield Hallam University, how the silencing of Palestinians is rooted in the ongoing ethnic cleansing of Palestine and why she is continuing to fight for justice
Following this interview, Sheffield Hallam UCU voted by 97% to support Shahd's emergency motion supporting her and demanding a public apology from the university, an end to the investigation and for a moratorium on the use of the IHRA definition.
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Dave Randall is a musician and author of Sound System: The Political Power of Music.
More articles from this author
- Soundtrack to the Brixton Uprising 40 years on
- Steve McQueen’s Mangrove: anti-racist struggle takes to the stage of British history
- 'True Black music will be heard tonight': the life, music and politics of Rahsaan Roland Kirk
- Black lives matter: Brixton takes to the streets
- White Riot - film review
- Marge Piercy’s Woman on the Edge of Time: books that made me a socialist
- Israeli Eurovision boycott: let the battle begin