Be part of a socialist organisation committed to fundamental change
The kind of protests we have had against Trump and to defend the NHS recently could hardly be more important. It's these kinds of mass popular movements that can roll back the right and make change happen. Without protests like these we wouldn’t have an NHS, Theresa May and her billionaire cabinet would be having a free run, and the far right would be able to organise unopposed.
Without the mass movements we wouldn’t have Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party either.
Counterfire is a socialist organisation committed to building the biggest possible movements against austerity, war, and racism. We believe that change comes when working people get organised and fight for it. Electing a Corbyn government will be a step forward, but politics is not just about what happens in parliament.
There has to be a dynamic extra-parliamentary left, rooted in workplaces, communities and colleges to provide an organising centre for mass opposition. Counterfire does just that.
We put the case for socialism based on popular control of society and genuine liberation.
We have a once in a lifetime opportunity. Join us and help change the world.
More articles from this author
- The Mobilization and Demobilization of Middle-Class Revolt - book review
- What do they know of Cricket?
- Stop Boris: General Election Now - Counterfire Freesheet July 2019
- ‘I am not what I am’: why the left must take action against ‘Iago’ Watson
- There’s only one solution to Labour’s problems: the right have got to go - weekly briefing
- Miners' Gala shows we can kick back against the right
- Universities take global steps to fight climate disaster