In this collection of socialist explainers, we’re giving quick responses to the questions that loom largest for us today
We live in a world where capitalist ideas are dominant. The thoughts of the ruling class are dominant ideas in society, but when we come together, our collective experience can begin to show us that an alternative is possible. Over more than two hundred years, socialist theory has grown through the work of activists criticising, analysing and organising to lay bare the realities of capitalism and how we can work for change.
In this collection of socialist explainers, we’re giving quick responses to the questions that loom largest for us today, from oppression to the climate crisis, from the economics of capitalism to NHS funding, from trade-union struggle to socialist organising. Whether you’re new to the movement or a veteran activist, you’ll find here the answers you’ve always wanted to know but were afraid to ask.
More articles from this author
- The fight has just begun: Day 3 of #UCUstrike
- Clarks victory: workers bring bosses to heel - News from the Frontline
- Picket lines and picket signs: Day 2 of #UCUstrike
- Why we strike, how we win
- 'We're at breaking point': University strikes kick off across the country
- 'We're already strike-ready': London transport workers rally against planned TfL cuts
- Goldsmiths strikers: 'We're not going to let them destroy this university' - video