Counterfire has produced a model resolution you can pass in your organisation and a poster you can download to put on your window or in your area
A model resolution to raise at your trade union/CLP branch or in any other group or organisation you are a part of, to oppose the murder of George Floyd and to support protesters against racist state violence in the US and here.
1The brutal killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officers
2The pattern of repeated deaths of black people at the hands of police forces across the US
3The failure of the US judicial and political system to respond to institutional racism in the police
4Calls by President Trump for violent repression of protests across the US
5The arrest of numerous protestors in Britain for showing support for the US demonstrations and calling for justice
1To join the international call for charges of first-degree murder to be brought against all four of the police officers involved in the killing of George Floyd
2To send solidarity to all those protesting against police racism in the US
3To demand that socially distanced protests in Britain calling for Justice for George Floyd be allowed to go ahead without police harassment
You can download the below poster as a pdf to print out and stick on your window or in your area, and/or save as an image and share on social media.
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
More articles from this author
- Gatwick: militant workers know how to land a good deal - News from the Frontline
- Universities dispute in danger: are local settlements the thin end of the wedge?
- PCS President Fran Heathcote calls for united resistance to stop 91,000 civil service job cuts
- Royalty, republicanism and the ruling class: Why we booed Prince William
- ‘Let them go’: Dalston stands up to police immigration raid
- 'From London to Jenin, justice for Shireen': thousands march for Palestine
- 'Close it down': Protesters mobilise against Hassockfield detention centre