Islamists were responsible for only 0.7% of terror attacks in Europe between 2006 and 2013, according to Europol statistics
From 2011 the Europol figures for Islamism illustrated here contain all terror classified as 'religiously inspired'.
The figures do not include cyber attacks which are only referred to in the 2012 report, which states that 'the EU is yet to experience a systematic campaign of cyber attacks by established terrorist groups'.
The image below contains screenshots of the data tables from the Europol reports from 2007 - 2014 which constitute the statistical basis of this graphic
More articles from this author
- From stop and search to 'hands up, don't shoot'
- When is a minority not a minority? When they're Bangladeshis living in Tower Hamlets
- Muslim opinion and the myth of 'tacit support' for terrorism
- March for Homes liveblog
- Graphic: Britain's Afghan balance sheet
- Graphic: large increase in anti-Muslim hate crime in London
- Graphic: minority of fatalities from terrorism in Europe due to Islamist attacks