A mass walkout has hit a site in the North West in protest at poor conditions according to a text message report from a spark involved in the action
"We have walked out today for the second day in a dispute over welfare conditions at the Runcorn site. Substandard canteen and toilet facilities have been raised numerous times at PJC meetings but no improvements made, stewards and safety reps do not get the recognition we deserve.
A mass meeting was called yesterday and voted to withdraw labour until improvements were made. Stewards and safety reps had a walk round this morning, no improvement.
A mass meeting was held and vote to walk again also a solidarity vote that any company dispute will get backing of the full site. No unilateral action."
More articles from this author
- From stop and search to 'hands up, don't shoot'
- When is a minority not a minority? When they're Bangladeshis living in Tower Hamlets
- Muslim opinion and the myth of 'tacit support' for terrorism
- March for Homes liveblog
- Graphic: Britain's Afghan balance sheet
- Graphic: large increase in anti-Muslim hate crime in London
- Graphic: minority of fatalities from terrorism in Europe due to Islamist attacks