The military government of Egypt has detained activist and blogger Alaa Abd El-Fattah for 15 days after he refused to recognise the military courts right to try him. The government should immediately release him and all other activists and stop the use of military courts to try civilian cases.
More articles from this author
- From stop and search to 'hands up, don't shoot'
- When is a minority not a minority? When they're Bangladeshis living in Tower Hamlets
- Muslim opinion and the myth of 'tacit support' for terrorism
- March for Homes liveblog
- Graphic: Britain's Afghan balance sheet
- Graphic: large increase in anti-Muslim hate crime in London
- Graphic: minority of fatalities from terrorism in Europe due to Islamist attacks