Lindsey German speaks to Jane Shallice about the life of Peter Brook, and his impact on theatre
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- This fight will take everything we’ve got – weekly briefing
- In the long run, the class struggle is king - weekly briefing
- The throne behind the power – weekly briefing
- Barbara Ehrenreich: a class act - obituary
- Ten reasons to prepare for a class war autumn – weekly briefing
- The stakes are at their highest for 40 years – weekly briefing
- Starmer backs the wrong side again…and again