Speaking on a live broadcast from Athens, Kevin Ovenden tells us about the fascist organisation Golden Dawn, and the centrality of the anti-racist movement in the trial which returned a historic guilty verdict
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Kevin Ovenden is a progressive journalist who has followed politics and social movements for 25 years. He is a leading activist in solidarity with the Palestinian struggle, led five successful aid convoys to break the siege on Gaza, and was aboard the Mavi Marmara aid ship when Israeli commandoes boarded it killing 10 people in May 2010. He is author of Syriza: Inside the Labyrinth.
More articles from this author
- Migration: cold comfort for those in peril on the sea
- From Brussels to Athens: striking against the crisis
- Very nasty people with very nasty politics
- Europe in crisis: opportunity for the left….and the right
- Salman Rushdie attack: Bitter fruits of a carnival of reaction
- Stonewall, the state and the struggle for liberation
- How does a socialist turn into a nark?