Speaking on a live broadcast from Athens, Kevin Ovenden tells us about the fascist organisation Golden Dawn, and the centrality of the anti-racist movement in the trial which returned a historic guilty verdict
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Kevin Ovenden is a progressive journalist who has followed politics and social movements for 25 years. He is a leading activist in solidarity with the Palestinian struggle, led five successful aid convoys to break the siege on Gaza, and was aboard the Mavi Marmara aid ship when Israeli commandoes boarded it killing 10 people in May 2010. He is author of Syriza: Inside the Labyrinth.
More articles from this author
- Now the deluge: France after the presidential election
- General strike shuts down Greece: Collective working-class action has great power
- Zelensky's clampdown: censorship and silencing from the West's poster boy
- All refugees should be welcome here
- The cost of European rearmament: who pays?
- Why sanctions on Russia are not the answer
- Ukraine: ‘Who is winning the war?’ and other stupid questions