As part of a series on Marxism in the Modern World, Lindsey German discusses what the working class is today and what that means for socialists
Before you go...we need your help
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- China: Britain's gunboat diplomacy is not a force for peace
- Tories 3-0 down in the culture wars – weekly briefing
- Better safe than sorry you believed Boris – weekly briefing
- ‘Blame the Muslims’ is the new cry from Labour – weekly briefing
- What a HanCock up! – weekly briefing
- Tories fail, Starmer flails - weekly briefing
- The Ratline and The Good Germans - book review