Lindsey German speaking at the People's Assembly's Tolpuddle Martyr's Festival event on the struggles we face and the need to organise
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Another war? Don’t get fooled again – weekly briefing
- Why Class Matters - video
- Last orders for Johnson – weekly briefing
- Covid, corruption and class struggle: ten pointers for 2022 – weekly briefing
- Is BoJo about to go-go? – weekly briefing
- Ten Marxist classics for Xmas
- The ghost of Christmas parties past – weekly briefing