Counterfire has temporarily suspended access to this article after Paul Mason threatened us with legal action. We are consulting our lawyers.
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- The stakes are at their highest for 40 years – weekly briefing
- Starmer backs the wrong side again…and again
- The climate battle is the fight of the haves against the have-nots – weekly briefing
- The Tories fiddle while the planet burns, but protest is growing - weekly briefing
- Shoot to kill: one episode in the horrible history of empire
- Johnson’s on the way out: time to hit the Tories where it hurts – weekly briefing
- Peter Brook: Class, politics and pioneering theatre - video