Elaine Graham-Leigh shows how Marx's analysis of capitalism explains the climate breakdown and how we fight for system change to protect people and the planet
For a limited time, we are offering free postage on this book
From the youth climate strikes to the Green New Deal, climate change has moved up the political agenda. Marx’s analysis of capitalism provides the basis for understanding how the system’s destructiveness is driving the climate crisis.
Elaine Graham-Leigh shows how Marx’s ideas explain the climate breakdown and how we can create a society that protects both people and planet. This is a manifesto for system change as well as an account of why humanity faces its greatest crisis.
Elaine Graham-Leigh is an activist and writer. She is the author of A Diet of Austerity: Class, Food and Climate Change (Zero Books 2015).
More articles from this author
- We won't send our children back until it's safe
- Some past rank-and-file movements
- Stop the re-opening of York schools on 1st June
- Teacher speaks out against government plans for school opening
- Hackney organises against charges and discrimination in migrants' health care
- Liverpool defies Johnson's dangerous schools plan
- Why we should be Matchwomen, not Little Matchgirls