Elaine Graham-Leigh shows how Marx's analysis of capitalism explains the climate breakdown and how we fight for system change to protect people and the planet
For a limited time, we are offering free postage on this book
From the youth climate strikes to the Green New Deal, climate change has moved up the political agenda. Marx’s analysis of capitalism provides the basis for understanding how the system’s destructiveness is driving the climate crisis.
Elaine Graham-Leigh shows how Marx’s ideas explain the climate breakdown and how we can create a society that protects both people and planet. This is a manifesto for system change as well as an account of why humanity faces its greatest crisis.
Elaine Graham-Leigh is an activist and writer. She is the author of A Diet of Austerity: Class, Food and Climate Change (Zero Books 2015).
More articles from this author
- Life After Corbyn: don’t lose the radicalism
- Obesity: a class issue
- Regional lockdown puts wealth before health
- Starmer's Panorama drama: an attempt to bury Corbyn's legacy
- Socialists and the trade unions: day school report and video
- The contact tracers tracing contact tracers in Lanarkshire
- Starmer’s taking Labour back to the right, what’s next for the left?