Elaine Graham-Leigh shows how Marx's analysis of capitalism explains the climate breakdown and how we fight for system change to protect people and the planetMarx and the Climate Crisis
For a limited time, we are offering free postage on this book
From the youth climate strikes to the Green New Deal, climate change has moved up the political agenda. Marx’s analysis of capitalism provides the basis for understanding how the system’s destructiveness is driving the climate crisis.
Elaine Graham-Leigh shows how Marx’s ideas explain the climate breakdown and how we can create a society that protects both people and planet. This is a manifesto for system change as well as an account of why humanity faces its greatest crisis.
Elaine Graham-Leigh is an activist and writer. She is the author of A Diet of Austerity: Class, Food and Climate Change (Zero Books 2015).
More articles from this author
- Wales is renationalising its railways, we can do the same everywhere
- Free school meals: a Tory tipping point
- Refusing to feed children: Tory contempt for the working class
- Big ballots to strike - News from the Frontline
- Greater Manchester vs Tier 3 - CounterBlast
- Universities are a big part of driving infection rates
- Covid: a Tory-made crisis - Counterfire Bulletin October 2020