Elaine Graham-Leigh shows how Marx's analysis of capitalism explains the climate breakdown and how we fight for system change to protect people and the planet
From the youth climate strikes to the Green New Deal, climate change has moved up the political agenda. Marx’s analysis of capitalism provides the basis for understanding how the system’s destructiveness is driving the climate crisis.
Elaine Graham-Leigh shows how Marx’s ideas explain the climate breakdown and how we can create a society that protects both people and planet. This is a manifesto for system change as well as an account of why humanity faces its greatest crisis.
Elaine Graham-Leigh is an activist and writer. She is the author of A Diet of Austerity: Class, Food and Climate Change (Zero Books 2015).
More articles from this author
- 28 September: Don’t break the #UberStrike - News from the Front Line
- NHS strikes on the table as health workers decisively reject pathetic Tory pay deal
- Looking at the past and the future of anti-imperialism: 20 years of Stop the War
- Cracks on the tracks: Met drivers to strike for fair pay - News from the Frontline
- Off the rails: The Tories have no plan for trains
- Oak Park school strike: teachers stand defiant against bullying
- “Staying quiet doesn’t work” - interview with a Staff Nurse