Elaine Graham-Leigh shows how Marx's analysis of capitalism explains the climate breakdown and how we fight for system change to protect people and the planet
From the youth climate strikes to the Green New Deal, climate change has moved up the political agenda. Marx’s analysis of capitalism provides the basis for understanding how the system’s destructiveness is driving the climate crisis.
Elaine Graham-Leigh shows how Marx’s ideas explain the climate breakdown and how we can create a society that protects both people and planet. This is a manifesto for system change as well as an account of why humanity faces its greatest crisis.
Elaine Graham-Leigh is an activist and writer. She is the author of A Diet of Austerity: Class, Food and Climate Change (Zero Books 2015).
More articles from this author
- Fight to defend jobs, pay, pensions - Tunnel Vision January 2021
- The people the media's forgotten about: voices from the frontline
- Facebook must reverse the ban on the SWP - Counterfire statement
- Safety first: defend firefighters under attack
- Fighting fire with fire: British Gas strikers burn sham contracts
- Solidarity with the British Gas engineers - model resolution
- British Gas workers turn the heat up: GMB strike update