A selection of Lindsey German's briefings from the 2017 to the 2019 general elections which present an analysis of Corbynism and the state of British politics as it happened
Lindsey German’s briefings are acclaimed for their insightful political comment and as a sane alternative to the right-wing bias we face elsewhere. As It Happened: Briefings from Two Years of Turmoil, collects some of the key briefings from one of the most turbulent periods in recent British politics, between Labour’s unexpectedly positive result in the 2017 general election and Johnson’s victory in December 2019. It’s a real-time history which can help us understand what went wrong and how the left can move forward.
More articles from this author
- You clapped for NHS workers, now support their fight for pay justice
- McCluskey: Starmer's decision to settle is a 'huge miscalculation'
- Life After Corbyn: don’t lose the radicalism
- Obesity: a class issue
- Regional lockdown puts wealth before health
- Starmer's Panorama drama: an attempt to bury Corbyn's legacy
- Socialists and the trade unions: day school report and video