A short, sharp analysis of class structure and combativity after forty years of neoliberal offensive
Class: Money and Power in Neoliberal Britain, Lindsey German, Counterfire 2016Class
In this incisive analysis, Lindsey German sets out how record levels of inequality are now the reality for many working-class people in Britain today. Examining resistance to neoliberalism and the relationship of oppression to class, she argues that if we are to change this, both new forms of organising and the united front are central. An indispensable guide for all those involved in the movements, Class shows how socialist organisation is essential for the struggle today.
Lindsey German is national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition and helped organised the largest demonstration in British history against the Iraq war. Her books include Material Girls, A People’s History of London (with John Rees) and How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women.
More articles from this author
- Royal Mail: best and final offer met with no confidence in CEO - News from the Frontline
- University strike: the rising has begun
- ‘The point is to change it’: Why you should come to Marxism in a Day
- Fair pay or fire strike: FBU move to industrial action ballot - News from the Frontline
- Sporting values built on bloodied sand: Qatar 2022
- Birkbeck: reckless job cuts put property before people
- Universities strike: all out against the market model of education