A short, sharp analysis of class structure and combativity after forty years of neoliberal offensive
Class: Money and Power in Neoliberal Britain, Lindsey German, Counterfire 2016
In this incisive analysis, Lindsey German sets out how record levels of inequality are now the reality for many working-class people in Britain today. Examining resistance to neoliberalism and the relationship of oppression to class, she argues that if we are to change this, both new forms of organising and the united front are central. An indispensable guide for all those involved in the movements, Class shows how socialist organisation is essential for the struggle today.
Lindsey German is national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition and helped organised the largest demonstration in British history against the Iraq war. Her books include Material Girls, A People’s History of London (with John Rees) and How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women.
More articles from this author
- Rosa Luxemburg, Karl Liebknecht and the 100 year revolution
- There's no refugee crisis in Britain, only a hostile environment and racist scapegoating
- Trump's Syria solitaire
- Movement gears up for fightback against austerity
- This zombie Tory government has go to go, we need a general election
- They've got to go! General election now - Counterfire freesheet January 2019
- Rosa Luxemburg: a revolutionary for our times