Interviews from the The Durham Miners' Gala 2012 - featuring a striking Spanish miner and PCS General Secretary Mark Serwotka
The Durham Miners' Gala 2012, organised by the Durham Miners' Association, attracted tens of thousands of people to Britain's biggest annual working class festival. A range of people told Counterfire why it was important to them - including a striking Spanish miner and PCS General Secretary Mark Serwotka.
More articles from this author
- When capitalism turns caring for the vulnerable into a burden
- Cyprus: an attack on women everywhere
- All power to the Broadband Communists!
- Abortion and same-sex marriage legalised in Northern Ireland, despite DUP opposition
- Victory as Ireland votes to repeal the 8th amendment
- The force may be with you
- Forget glass ceilings, we need to get off the sticky floor