UnionNews reports on the start of seven days of strike action by more than 120 fuel haulage drivers in a campaign of industrial action to try to prevent cuts worth around 20% of their income.
Vast fuel depots operated by ConocoPhillips were at a standstill as Unite members mounted pickets at three sites: Immingham in North Lincolnshire, Stockton-on-Tees and Kingsbury in Staffordshire.
The strike follows a 83% vote in favour of action by the drivers, who supply fuel to Jet garages across the MIdlands, north of England and Scotland.
More articles from this author
- From stop and search to 'hands up, don't shoot'
- When is a minority not a minority? When they're Bangladeshis living in Tower Hamlets
- Muslim opinion and the myth of 'tacit support' for terrorism
- March for Homes liveblog
- Graphic: Britain's Afghan balance sheet
- Graphic: large increase in anti-Muslim hate crime in London
- Graphic: minority of fatalities from terrorism in Europe due to Islamist attacks