Mona Kamal of NHS Staff Voices speaks at a protest calling for a pay rise for health workers outside Downing Street on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, NHS workers from all over London marched from Guys and St Thomas hospital to Whitehall, demanding an immediate pay rise for health workers.
NHS staff from various workplaces and trade unions shut down Whitehall, while a group of doctors and nurses covered in fake blood staged a die-in outside the entrance to Downing Street.
The socially-distanced protest heard from health workers from all professional backgrounds, all united in anger at how they have been totally left behind by the government – throughout the pandemic, but also over the last decade of austerity measures that have left the NHS barely able to cope.
Join the national protests on September 12. For more details, go to https://keepournhspublic.com/.
Before you go...we need your help
More articles from this author
- Fight to defend jobs, pay, pensions - Tunnel Vision January 2021
- The people the media's forgotten about: voices from the frontline
- Facebook must reverse the ban on the SWP - Counterfire statement
- Safety first: defend firefighters under attack
- Fighting fire with fire: British Gas strikers burn sham contracts
- Solidarity with the British Gas engineers - model resolution
- British Gas workers turn the heat up: GMB strike update