Mona Kamal of NHS Staff Voices speaks at a protest calling for a pay rise for health workers outside Downing Street on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, NHS workers from all over London marched from Guys and St Thomas hospital to Whitehall, demanding an immediate pay rise for health workers.
NHS staff from various workplaces and trade unions shut down Whitehall, while a group of doctors and nurses covered in fake blood staged a die-in outside the entrance to Downing Street.
The socially-distanced protest heard from health workers from all professional backgrounds, all united in anger at how they have been totally left behind by the government – throughout the pandemic, but also over the last decade of austerity measures that have left the NHS barely able to cope.
Join the national protests on September 12. For more details, go to https://keepournhspublic.com/.
Before you go...we need your help
More articles from this author
- Every issue in school is a union issue - Staffroom Voice Bulletin April 2021
- Stop the Tory attack: Kill the bill - Counterfire freesheet April 2021
- The RCN is getting ready to fight – are you? - News from the Frontline
- Aberystwyth Kill the Bill protest taps into the history of Welsh resistance
- Starmer has nothing to offer Teesside
- Driving solidarity to Go North West strikers: Manchester’s day of resistance
- 'This is what democracy looks like': #KillTheBill protesters take to the streets nationwide