Mona Kamal of NHS Staff Voices speaks at a protest calling for a pay rise for health workers outside Downing Street on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, NHS workers from all over London marched from Guys and St Thomas hospital to Whitehall, demanding an immediate pay rise for health workers.
NHS staff from various workplaces and trade unions shut down Whitehall, while a group of doctors and nurses covered in fake blood staged a die-in outside the entrance to Downing Street.
The socially-distanced protest heard from health workers from all professional backgrounds, all united in anger at how they have been totally left behind by the government – throughout the pandemic, but also over the last decade of austerity measures that have left the NHS barely able to cope.
Join the national protests on September 12. For more details, go to https://keepournhspublic.com/.
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
More articles from this author
- 'One struggle, one fight': RMT and Aslef march with striking St George's Hospital cleaners
- Revolution! begins Saturday with 'NATO, Ukraine and the New World Disorder'
- Catching fire: posties next in line for national strike action
- The old is dying and new is struggling to be born: Join Revolution! this weekend
- Day one of the biggest rail shutdown in a generation
- Danièle Obono: A leading voice of the French left joins Revolution! this weekend
- Support the RMT strikes: List of picket lines and resources