John Rees introduces part two of his history of the second world war told from the perspective of ordinary people
Timeline is produced by the Islam Channel
John Rees is a writer, broadcaster and activist, and is one of the organisers of the People’s Assembly. His books include ‘The Algebra of Revolution’, ‘Imperialism and Resistance’, ‘Timelines, A Political History of the Modern World’, ‘The People Demand, A Short History of the Arab Revolutions’ (with Joseph Daher) and ‘A People’s History of London’ (with Lindsey German). He is co-founder of the Stop the War Coalition.
More articles from this author
- Milkshakes, moralism, and the rationalist error
- It's time for the Labour left to step up to the plate
- Marxism in 30 minutes with John Rees - video
- There is something happening here but you don’t know what it is, do you Mr Centrist?
- The resistable rise of Nigel Farage
- The social cost of austerity is detrimental to us all
- The left needs to stop retreating over the use of the term Zionism