A radical day school providing an essential introduction to the theory and practice of radical change
Counterfire is very excited to bring you Revolution in a Day on Saturday 18 April in London. This follows our sell-out Marx in a Day event but, as before, is open to absolute beginners as well as the more experienced
Reserve your free place now
In the meantime, want to find out more about revolution? Check out our suggested reading list below.
The first revolutions: the English, American and French revolutions
Elaine Graham-Leigh, author 'A Diet Of Austerity'
Suggested reading and viewing
- The Socialist Revolution and the Democratic Revolution, John Rees
- The English Revolution, 1640, Christopher Hill
- A Short History of the French Revolution, Albert Soboul
The Russian Revolution, 1917
Chris Bambery, author and broadcaster
- Ten Days that Shook the World, John Reed
- Lessons of October, Leon Trotsky
- In Defence of October, John Rees
- Timeline of the Russian Revolution, John Rees
Imperialism and revolution in the third world
Feyzi Ismail, Writer & researcher on South Asia
Can there be a revolution today?
John Rees, Author, 'The ABC of Socialism'
More articles from this author
- Time to talk about Palestine
- Is Sajid Javid's deprivation of Shamima Begum's citizenship legal?
- How to deal with defectors – keep left
- Sudan's uprisings have removed governments before, can they do it again?
- Youth Strike 4 Climate: we're fighting for our future
- National school students' climate strike in pictures
- From toy drones to real ones: the arms trade and education