Images from Cairo by John Rees.
John Rees is a writer, broadcaster and activist, and is one of the organisers of the People’s Assembly. His books include ‘The Algebra of Revolution’, ‘Imperialism and Resistance’, ‘Timelines, A Political History of the Modern World’, ‘The People Demand, A Short History of the Arab Revolutions’ (with Joseph Daher), ‘A People’s History of London’ (with Lindsey German) and The Leveller Revolution. He is co-founder of the Stop the War Coalition.
More articles from this author
- Revolutionary Ideas: What is the Marxist method? - Video
- Lies leave the Assange case exposed – this is a political persecution
- Counting the cost of Coyne
- John Rees: The threat to free speech and how to defend it - video
- ‘Long to reign over us’? The monarchy, land, money and guns
- 18 days that shook the world: the Egyptian Revolution ten years on - video
- How the Egyptian Revolution unfolded: an eyewitness account