Tube union RMT said this morning that a strike of Alstom tube maintenance staff on the Jubilee and Northern Lines that began at 19.00 last night is rock solid. Pickets have been out in force at all three Alstom tube maintenance depots.
RMT has received reports this morning of disruption and delays to south bound Northern Line services on the northern section of the Edgware branch during rush hour.
RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said:
"RMT's tube maintenance staff working for Alstom are rock solid in their support for the action that started at seven pm last night. Our members are sending out a clear signal that they are not prepared to see their living standards eroded by pitiful, sub-inflation pay offers that are frankly insulting.
"Alstom is a wealthy company and can easily afford a decent pay increase for the staff at the sharp end of its operations. RMT members are determined to secure that fair deal and are 100% unified across all depots in support for the industrial action campaign that kicked off last night."
More articles from this author
- Occupy Plymouth moves into the Plymouth Occupation Centre.
- N30 Plymouth _ Union Solidarity with Occupy Plymouth _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Dave Franklin PCS _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Chaz Singh & Paddy Ryan, PTUC Hon President 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Phil Smith ATL _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Chris Webb CWU _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Poem and Sarah Allen-Melvin PCS 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!