Liberate Tate performed a “Solemn” oil like spill at the Tate’s Summer party in a protest over BP’s sponsorship of the arts.
video by youandifilms
On the evening of the 28th of June at approx 7:15pm, Liberate Tate In protest over BP's sponsorship of the arts performed a "Solemn" oil like spill at the Tate Summer party.
Dressed in black and veiled the performers carrying black buckets with BP logos spewed molasses over the entrance way as onlookers watched in amazement as the Portland stone floor was consumed by the black oil like mess.
Feathers were scattered and filled the air and in the same manner of approach the artists gracefully paced their escape.
Licence to Spill
"Apart from catastrophic spills like the Deepwater Horizon, there are a whole host of adverse impacts that are associated with the production of oil. On the local level, it often involves extreme forms of pollution for local communities, while regionally oil is frequently associated with greater militarization and conÔ¨Çict. Globally, carbon emissions, oil companies, and our collective dependence on the product they push, are taking us ever closer to the edge of climate catastrophe. "
To download Licence to Spill, a new release from Platform, visit http://www.carbonweb.org/showitem.asp...
Info : http://www.artnotoil.org.uk/
More articles from this author
- Occupy Plymouth moves into the Plymouth Occupation Centre.
- N30 Plymouth _ Union Solidarity with Occupy Plymouth _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Dave Franklin PCS _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Chaz Singh & Paddy Ryan, PTUC Hon President 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Phil Smith ATL _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Chris Webb CWU _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Poem and Sarah Allen-Melvin PCS 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!