The fate of 28 Britons among some 700 passengers about the humanitarian Gaza Freedom Flotilla going to Gaza remained unknown hours after it was attacked by Israeli commandos in international waters.
19 people have been killed, 10 of them Turkish and 26 injured, according to Israeli military sources. The Muslim countries have condemned the killings and demonstrations have been held in Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon and more are expected later today.
The Muslim News criticised the slow reaction by the British Foreign Office, while countries like Spain, Sweden, Turkey and Greece have summoned Israeli ambassadors and the EU has called for an immediate inquiry.
There will be a peaceful protest outside 10 Downing Street at 2pm today against the British Government’s silence over the killings and calling on the Government for an “immediate intervention”.
From Muslim News
More articles from this author
- Occupy Plymouth moves into the Plymouth Occupation Centre.
- N30 Plymouth _ Union Solidarity with Occupy Plymouth _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Dave Franklin PCS _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Chaz Singh & Paddy Ryan, PTUC Hon President 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Phil Smith ATL _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Chris Webb CWU _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Poem and Sarah Allen-Melvin PCS 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!