As part of a series on Marxism in the Modern World, Chris Nineham looks at the prospect of revolution in the present day
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Chris Nineham is a founder member of Stop the War and Counterfire, speaking regularly around the country on behalf of both. He is author of The People Versus Tony Blair and Capitalism and Class Consciousness: the ideas of Georg Lukacs.
More articles from this author
- Starmer is rewarming Blairism. Why are some on the left applauding?
- The Great Denial: Why they don’t want us to talk about class
- Putin’s alarming escalation shows why peace must be the priority in Ukraine
- To avert a cost-of-living catastrophe we need to talk about Ukraine
- As the energy cap soars: Five points on the cost of living crisis
- Art and culture: Trotsky's Marxism - video
- Books for the beach: Socialist summer reading