As the Tories held their conference in Manchester, tens of thousands of people took to the streets in opposition to a government that is hanging on by a thread
The streets around the Tory party conference in Manchester were filled with an incredible mix of people from across the country. They were united by a clear message for this government: we won't wait for you to collapse, and we will bring you down as soon as we can.
Protestors from the Grenfell solidarity campaign rubbed shoulders with rail workers, NHS campaigners, disabled activists and a vibrant array of anti-cuts groups.
A young woman shows her support for the Palestinian struggle.
Counterfire's free newspaper went down a storm.
RMT activists on the march.
A useful notice.
The rally at the start of the demo in Castlefields.
This guy is having fun.
Young and old were united in their opposition to the Tories.
The front of the march.
The front of the march again...
Hands Off Huddersfield Royal Infirmary Campaign.
Ready to go.
Teachers on the march.
Spiderman hates the Tories.
More articles from this author
- French high school students rise against Macron in 'Black Tuesday' protests
- The Unity demo: towards a united front against fascism
- Anti-fascist demonstrators outnumber the DFLA in London
- Fast food, pub and delivery workers strike across the country
- Best images from the #OurNHS70 demo - live updates
- More Palestinian protesters killed on ‘Friday of Tires’ by the Israeli military
- Palestine 'Great Return March' in images: mass protest met with 16 killings by Israeli military