The BBC was blockaded by thousands of protestors tonight - part of a mass popular upsurge against the Israeli onslaught on the Palestinians and Britain's support for it argues Chris Nineham
Tonight saw the biggest protest against BBC bias anyone can remember. Over five thousand people blocked the road and temporarily blockaded the BBC over their blatant pro-Israeli bias.
Chris Nineham is a founder member of Stop the War and Counterfire, speaking regularly around the country on behalf of both. He is author of The People Versus Tony Blair and Capitalism and Class Consciousness: the ideas of Georg Lukacs.
More articles from this author
- 9/11: we are still living in the world created by Bush and Blair's response
- The biggest attack on democracy since before universal suffrage
- How far will he go? Trump and the limits of populism - book review
- Dirty tricks: the British State and the left
- Be in no doubt: Britain will be involved if there is war on Iran
- Iran: act now to stop Trump’s dogs of war
- Organise now to avoid war with Iran