The BBC was blockaded by thousands of protestors tonight - part of a mass popular upsurge against the Israeli onslaught on the Palestinians and Britain's support for it argues Chris Nineham
Tonight saw the biggest protest against BBC bias anyone can remember. Over five thousand people blocked the road and temporarily blockaded the BBC over their blatant pro-Israeli bias.
Chris Nineham is a founder member of Stop the War and Counterfire, speaking regularly around the country on behalf of both. He is author of The People Versus Tony Blair and Capitalism and Class Consciousness: the ideas of Georg Lukacs.
More articles from this author
- 'The resistance is taking shape': Wakefield rallies against Islamophobia
- Philosophers with No Clothes: A Review of The War Against Marxism
- Holding the bosses feet to the fire: Strikers light up the climate movement
- Sunak’s feelgood budget flop
- Talking peace, risking war: why the hawks are shaping the US’s China policy
- Brighton 2021: Members speak out on Starmer, stitch ups and next steps for the left
- 'On the road to nowhere': Leah Levane on Labour, Starmer and the expulsions - video