Report received from a Unite construction activist on the Runcorn Thermal Power Station site calls for support for planned picket at the plant on Monday 24 June
'Unite and GMB members announced a picket at the Runcorn TPS project at 6:00am Monday 24 June regarding the on going management led bullying culture across the site.
The straw that broke the camel's back was on sat 15 June where an incident left the Unite conveynor feeling intimidated by a charge hand, highlighting this to the shop caused a withdrawal of labour in support followed on Monday by a full site walk out.
This has been the situation all week where there is a stand off because the action is deemed to be out of procedure. This culture is all to common in the construction industry with the duration of contracts being mostly short term and any resistance is highlighted as trouble causing.
A stance has been taken and this must be exposed.
Please pass on to generate support.'
More articles from this author
- From stop and search to 'hands up, don't shoot'
- When is a minority not a minority? When they're Bangladeshis living in Tower Hamlets
- Muslim opinion and the myth of 'tacit support' for terrorism
- March for Homes liveblog
- Graphic: Britain's Afghan balance sheet
- Graphic: large increase in anti-Muslim hate crime in London
- Graphic: minority of fatalities from terrorism in Europe due to Islamist attacks