Firebox, Counterfire's political cafe project in Central London, is running an urgent appeal. Please donate generously
Firebox is up and running. We're six months in to a project that sticks two fingers up to the neoliberal dream of a 'coffee shop Britain', and puts radical culture firmly on the map. So for every coffee drunk, every meeting booked, every gig played, a huge thanks. You've helped us make this a success.
Over the next few months, we want to expand the work Firebox does even more. We have big dreams; a basement media suite where local campaigns and unions can get trained up to make their own videos and documentaries. Regular social and cultural evenings showcasing the best in left-wing comedy, music and poetry. Workshops on everything from film to food. And those are just our ideas; we're sure you have many more, and we want to hear them.
But to make this a reality, we have to keep Firebox out of the red (something you won't hear us say much otherwise!).
We're having a big fundraising appeal to help keep us fighting fit. We urgently need to raise at least £5,000 and we need your help to do it.
We’ve launched a Kickstarter with some amazing prizes up for grabs - from your own personal radical walking tour of London to free dinner for two, once a month, for a whole year!
No amount is too big or too small – we need to fund everything from coffee cups to camera suites.
£20 could buy a folding chair, meaning we can squeeze in a few more people to our packed-out meetings
£50 could fund an evening of left-wing culture in Firebox
£100 could buy a small handheld camera to help local campaigners make a viral video
Please give generously – and if you can't donate online, then any of our staff are happy to accept donations for the appeal next time you pop in.
More articles from this author
- The left and the Unite election
- Don’t be confused by complexity: defending Julian Assange is defending democracy
- Round 3: Kill the Bill protesters take to the streets across the country
- Jobs saved, threats lifted: industrial action beats the bosses at Goldsmiths
- NEU to teach Pimlico Academy a lesson - News from the Frontline
- No leeway for Leaways: solidarity with striking teachers
- We will not be silenced: list of #KillTheBill protests around the country this weekend