Despite attempts to keep Andrew Lansley away from his adoring public a visit to the Royal Free saw him chased around the corridors of the Hospital by NHS campaigners reports Paul Mackney
They smuggled Lansley in to the Royal Free hospital, hoping to give him some reflected glory for the magnificent work they do there. They excluded photographers except for one official video-photographer who will produce the airbrushed version. However, we found Lansley and there was an unseemly scuttle when he was chased along about 20 yards of corridor before they took him back in behind locked doors. Hardly a media triumph!
A leaked video shows Lansley challenged by campaigners including Dr Ron Singer, a recently retired GP with three decades' experience and President of the Medical Practitioners' Union (part of Unite).
More articles from this author
- From stop and search to 'hands up, don't shoot'
- When is a minority not a minority? When they're Bangladeshis living in Tower Hamlets
- Muslim opinion and the myth of 'tacit support' for terrorism
- March for Homes liveblog
- Graphic: Britain's Afghan balance sheet
- Graphic: large increase in anti-Muslim hate crime in London
- Graphic: minority of fatalities from terrorism in Europe due to Islamist attacks