Poets and musicians in West Norfolk launched a CD in support of the campaign against the incinerator on Saturday 10 December 2011. Smoke On The Wash has 13 tracks covering a huge range of styles including folk, punk, techno, and even a hymn.
As part of the launch members of the Smoke Stack Rat pack performed an unplugged version of one track live in the centre of King's Lynn.
King's Lynn Without Incineration (KLWIN) and the farmers campaign had a set-back last week in their campaign against the proposed mass burn incinerator, when they were refused permission for a judicial review of Norfolk County Council's decision. Nonetheless, campaigners are determined to carry on.
Farmers' Campaign: http://www.farmerscampaign.org
More articles from this author
- When is a minority not a minority? When they're Bangladeshis living in Tower Hamlets
- Muslim opinion and the myth of 'tacit support' for terrorism
- March for Homes liveblog
- Graphic: Britain's Afghan balance sheet
- Graphic: large increase in anti-Muslim hate crime in London
- Graphic: minority of fatalities from terrorism in Europe due to Islamist attacks
- Graphic: Islamist terror accounts for only 0.7% of attacks in Europe