UnionNews reports from the Hardest Hit rally in Edinburgh, where union activists were among some 1,000 people gathered in protest against welfare cuts for disabled people.
The last 12 months have seen a string of cuts hit disabled people the hardest, from benefits changes to local authorities slashing social care budgets and axing concessionary bus passes.
More articles from this author
- From stop and search to 'hands up, don't shoot'
- When is a minority not a minority? When they're Bangladeshis living in Tower Hamlets
- Muslim opinion and the myth of 'tacit support' for terrorism
- March for Homes liveblog
- Graphic: Britain's Afghan balance sheet
- Graphic: large increase in anti-Muslim hate crime in London
- Graphic: minority of fatalities from terrorism in Europe due to Islamist attacks