Newsflash: The road into Ratcliffe on Soar power station outside Nottingham is blocked with traffic all the way back to the M1 and other junctions due to construction workers protest at gates where workers enter to park their cars.
About 120 workers gathered at the protest organised by Unite according to a report on the BBC website.
Richard Allday is a member of Unite the Union’s National Executive, a branch secretary and shop steward in road haulage. A member of Counterfire, his comrades know him better as 'the angry trucker'.
More articles from this author
- 2017 - 2019: what changed?
- “We need to work together”: school student climate striker speaks to trade unionists about the way forward
- Why we all have to support the climate strike
- Something in the air? The strike action in aviation
- Can the Working Class Change the World? - book review
- Workers' occupation at Harland and Wolff shows how to take on the Tories
- Corbynism wins in Peterborough