Newsflash: The road into Ratcliffe on Soar power station outside Nottingham is blocked with traffic all the way back to the M1 and other junctions due to construction workers protest at gates where workers enter to park their cars.
About 120 workers gathered at the protest organised by Unite according to a report on the BBC website.
Richard Allday is a member of Unite the Union’s National Executive, a branch secretary and shop steward in road haulage. A member of Counterfire, his comrades know him better as 'the angry trucker'.
More articles from this author
- Workers’ Memorial Day: give our frontline workers the PPE they need
- Coronavirus is exposing the gaping class divide in Britain
- Put people before profit to fight Coronavirus
- 2017 - 2019: what changed?
- “We need to work together”: school student climate striker speaks to trade unionists about the way forward
- Why we all have to support the climate strike
- Something in the air? The strike action in aviation