Newsflash: The road into Ratcliffe on Soar power station outside Nottingham is blocked with traffic all the way back to the M1 and other junctions due to construction workers protest at gates where workers enter to park their cars.
About 120 workers gathered at the protest organised by Unite according to a report on the BBC website.
Richard Allday is a member of Unite the Union’s National Executive, a branch secretary and shop steward in road haulage. A member of Counterfire, his comrades know him better as 'the angry trucker'.
More articles from this author
- Felixstowe and Liverpool: Workers’ democracy vs. bosses’ autocracy
- The TUC shows its teeth – and they turn out to be dentures
- Felixstowe: Strikers shut down UK's biggest container port
- Solidarity with P&O workers: this is a fight for us all
- The American Way: Stories of Invasion - book review
- 'The dust’ settles: Plymouth refuse drivers win 12.5% pay rise
- Are the wheels coming off the Tories’ wagon?