Newsflash: The road into Ratcliffe on Soar power station outside Nottingham is blocked with traffic all the way back to the M1 and other junctions due to construction workers protest at gates where workers enter to park their cars.
About 120 workers gathered at the protest organised by Unite according to a report on the BBC website.
Richard Allday is a member of Unite the Union’s National Executive, a branch secretary and shop steward in road haulage. A member of Counterfire, his comrades know him better as 'the angry trucker'.
More articles from this author
- 'The dust’ settles: Plymouth refuse drivers win 12.5% pay rise
- Are the wheels coming off the Tories’ wagon?
- Driver shortage? What driver shortage?
- The Caduca - book review
- Unite: the left must mobilise to beat the right
- Why are health workers still not getting the protection they need?
- Rolls Royce Barnoldswick ballot returns a massive 94% vote for strike