Residents of Dale Farm are asking for solidarity and support at the hearing taking place this Friday at the High Court, which could decide to evict them.
Although Dale Farm residents won an injunction in the High Court, this only postpones the eviction until this Friday. At 11.30am the court will consider the technical legality of the notices which the council issued. Depending on the outcome of this hearing, the eviction may be reactivated immediately on Friday afternoon.
We're here in solidarity with the residents for as long as they want us to support them. The residents have made it clear to us that, should the eviction be reinstated, they want our strong and continued support to resist it.
This means we need to be prepared to show a very strong presence on Friday should the hearing permit the council to restart eviction proceedings. Supporters will need to be on alert and ready to come down to the site immediately on Friday, given a negative outcome.
Come to the High Court on the Strand (WC2A 2LL) to show your solidarity with the Dale Farm residents at 11.30 on Friday or come to the site.
Visit http://dalefarm.wordpress.com/contact for info on how to get here. Please invite your friends to the facebook event here! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=286341868059669
More articles from this author
- We won't send our children back until it's safe
- Some past rank-and-file movements
- Stop the re-opening of York schools on 1st June
- Teacher speaks out against government plans for school opening
- Hackney organises against charges and discrimination in migrants' health care
- Liverpool defies Johnson's dangerous schools plan
- Why we should be Matchwomen, not Little Matchgirls