Today construction workers picketed sites in the fifth consecutive week of action in response to changes in terms and conditions, which could lead to a 35% pay cut. In London electricians picketed outside the Olympic site, where they blocked the road.
Since the action began, workers have been calling on UNITE to take stronger action against the proposed cuts. Today the union's officials announced an official protest for next Wednesday (21 September) at Farringdon Cross Rail and promised a ballot for strike action.
The grassroots pressure is working and must be sustained. Join the protests next week to show your support.
Videos to follow
More articles from this author
- From stop and search to 'hands up, don't shoot'
- When is a minority not a minority? When they're Bangladeshis living in Tower Hamlets
- Muslim opinion and the myth of 'tacit support' for terrorism
- March for Homes liveblog
- Graphic: Britain's Afghan balance sheet
- Graphic: large increase in anti-Muslim hate crime in London
- Graphic: minority of fatalities from terrorism in Europe due to Islamist attacks