Students are organising a protest today at 2pm at the University of Greenwich against the closure its philosophy department.
Today at 2pm students and alumni will be protesting against their voices being silenced at the University of Greenwich. Their attempts to get a meeting with the academic council to discuss the plans to get rid of the single honours philosophy degree have fallen upon deaf ears. After 168 hours of occupation the protest group are determined to get their voices heard personally after the complete failure of the student unions to help their cause. As far as they are concerned this is no longer just about philosophy, but an issue of students being ignored. For more information join the Facebook group "save philosophy at greenwich".
Feyzi Ismail teaches at Goldsmiths, University of London, and is active in UCU
More articles from this author
- Revolution in the Developing World: Trotsky's Marxism - video
- Confronting connected crises: cost of living and the war
- No Births Behind Bars: The scandal of imprisoning pregnant women
- Climate change and war: The whole social structure needs to be overturned
- Counterfire’s Climate Briefing for activists
- Can we avert climate chaos and meet people’s needs? - explainer
- We have to make Cop26 a turning point for the climate movement