The Coalition of Resistance will be working with all anti-cuts campaigners to organise a Resist the Cuts counter-demonstration to the so-called ‘Rally Against Debt’ organised by a right wing pro cuts campaign.
The official website for the ‘Rally Against Debt’ says it will be a ‘polite demonstration’, whose backers include some of the wackier far right elements such as the Tax-Payers’ Alliance, former UKIP advisers and free-schooler Toby Young.
Coalition of Resistance Chair, Romayne Phoenix, commented that “The TUC’s 500,000 March for the Alternative indicates the derision with which this coterie of fats cats and their acolytes will be met.”
College student and CoR supporter, Amy Dunne, said: “We are against debt too. We are against Government measures which will saddle us with debt for the rest of our lives. We didn’t cause this crisis. The solution lies in taxing the banks and the super-rich, not dismantling the welfare state.”
Vice-Chair Paul Mackney pointed out “Now we know why the police have been so ready with their kettles. The rich have been preparing a UK Tea Party gathering, like those of the potty far right in the USA.”
Those who wish to support the Coalition of Resistance event should consult the Facebook page - ‘14 May Resist the Cuts Counter-Demonstration’
More articles from this author
- Occupy Plymouth moves into the Plymouth Occupation Centre.
- N30 Plymouth _ Union Solidarity with Occupy Plymouth _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Dave Franklin PCS _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Chaz Singh & Paddy Ryan, PTUC Hon President 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Phil Smith ATL _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Chris Webb CWU _ 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!
- N30 Plymouth _ Poem and Sarah Allen-Melvin PCS 30.11.11 _ Strike! Occupy! Resist!