Shabbir Lakha speaks to Chris Smalls in the US about the Strike for Black Lives, his organisation The Congress of Essential Workers and the possibilities for fundamental change
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Shabbir Lakha is a Stop the War officer, a People's Assembly activist and a member of Counterfire.
More articles from this author
- Sorry, not sorry: Boris Johnson's got to go
- Amazon: time the bosses reaped the whirlwind
- 'The fight goes on': The struggle for justice for Assange continues as US wins appeal
- The other shoe dropped: Clarks strikers defeat fire-and-rehire
- Going for gold: Striking staff and students stand strong at Goldsmiths
- Murder in the Channel
- 'We're fighting for the soul of Goldsmiths': three-week #GoldStrike starts with a bang