Owen Jones, Cat Boyd and Adrian Cousins speaking at the session on 'The working class ain't what it used to be' at the Festival of Dangerous Ideas
Owen Jones was born in Sheffield and grew up in Stockport. After graduating, he worked as a trade union researcher and for left-wing Labour MPs such as John McDonnell. His first book, Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class, was published in June 2011, and he now writes for a range of newspapers. He lives in London. Owen's Verso page
Cat Boyd is a young trade union activist in Glasgow and Chair of the highly successful Glasgow Coalition of Resistance. She is a well known speaker on anti cuts and trade union platforms and has built trade union youth networks across the city.
Adrian Cousins is founder and editor of the Counterfire website. He has been an active socialist for over twenty five years and has worked on websites for Stop the War, the Coalition of Resistance and the Festival of Dangerous Ideas as well as producing video, graphics and illustration.
Videos by Silvana De Faria
More articles from this author
- When is a minority not a minority? When they're Bangladeshis living in Tower Hamlets
- Muslim opinion and the myth of 'tacit support' for terrorism
- March for Homes liveblog
- Graphic: Britain's Afghan balance sheet
- Graphic: large increase in anti-Muslim hate crime in London
- Graphic: minority of fatalities from terrorism in Europe due to Islamist attacks
- Graphic: Islamist terror accounts for only 0.7% of attacks in Europe