Counterfire's three-part series on Lenin's thought and its relevance for socialists today
Sunday 15 May, 11am | Lenin on Imperialism with Shabbir Lakha
To kick off the series, Shabbir Lakha will be discussing Lenin's theory on imperialism, its relation to capitalism and what that means for anti-imperialists today.
1) Lenin, Imperialism: The highest stage of capitalism
2) Dragan Plavšić, What is imperialism? - explainer
3) John Rees, Imperialism: globalisation, the state and war
Sunday 22 May, 11am | Lenin on the State with Holly Rigby
For the second session of Counterfire's series on Leninism in the 21st Century, Holly Rigby will be leading a discussion on Lenin's theory on the capitalist state and the need for revolutionary struggle against it.
1) Lenin, The State and Revolution
2) Paul Vernell, Classic Texts: a summary of Lenin's State and Revolution
Sunday 29 May, 11am | Lenin on Party and Class with Michael Lavalette
To wrap up Counterfire's series on Leninism in the 21st century, Michael Lavalette will be discussing Lenin's concept of a revolutionary organisation and its relation to the working class.
1) Lenin, What is to be done?
2) Chris Harman, Party and Class
3) John Rees, Strategy and Tactics
Further reading for the series:
1) Georg Lukacs, Lenin: A Study on the Unity of His Thought
More articles from this author
- Gatwick: militant workers know how to land a good deal - News from the Frontline
- Universities dispute in danger: are local settlements the thin end of the wedge?
- PCS President Fran Heathcote calls for united resistance to stop 91,000 civil service job cuts
- Royalty, republicanism and the ruling class: Why we booed Prince William
- ‘Let them go’: Dalston stands up to police immigration raid
- 'From London to Jenin, justice for Shireen': thousands march for Palestine
- 'Close it down': Protesters mobilise against Hassockfield detention centre