"If you try to have a war with Iran... you will create a mass movement against war in this country of the sort that you haven’t seen in more than a decade"
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Frederick Engels: life of a revolutionary
- Labour in vain? – weekly briefing
- Bernie Sanders vs the Democrat establishment – weekly briefing
- Now the real solidarity with Europe begins - weekly briefing
- Jess fails to impress: so what’s next for Labour’s right? – weekly briefing
- Born to rule over us? – weekly briefing
- Lip service to the left, but moves to the right - weekly briefing