"If you try to have a war with Iran... you will create a mass movement against war in this country of the sort that you haven’t seen in more than a decade"
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Bolton’s gone but an oil war could be about to start - weekly briefing
- Bolton's out, but we can't trust Trump or Johnson
- Stop Boris Johnson - general election now!
- The Boris burnout - weekly briefing
- General election: unite and fight
- Their democracy and ours – weekly briefing
- Boris Johnson proroguing Parliament is a Tory coup