Image created by TD Architects in Holland
It is even more shocking if you consider the huge differences within countries too. The map also highlights a number of real and symbolic 'walls' that separate and divide people - physically, economically, politically.
Alex Snowdon is a Counterfire activist in Newcastle. He is active in the Palestine Solidarity Campaign, Stop the War Coalition and the National Education Union.
More articles from this author
- Johnson’s government is not invincible
- 1860s: the red thread of working class internationalism
- Labour's leadership race - where's the left?
- Labour needs Corbyn’s anti-war politics more than ever
- Decade of austerity: 10 reasons to get the Tories out
- Labour can win: general election is all to play for
- Labour's plan is what schools need