Ahead of the second round of the French presidential elections, Counterfire editor Shabbir Lakha spoke to Députée Danièle Obono about her thoughts on the situation, on La France Insoumise's breakthrough result and the struggles ahead
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
Shabbir Lakha is a Stop the War officer, a People's Assembly activist and a member of Counterfire.
More articles from this author
- By-election blow: Boris' bad days are just beginning
- We have no confidence in Boris Johnson, kick him out - video
- Lenin on imperialism - video
- Refugees are welcome here: Protesters stand up to Boris and Priti's racist plan
- 1 April energy price hike: the joke's on us
- Can the BBC be reformed? - Interview with Tom Mills
- Marxism and Oppression - video