Lindsey German looks at the proposition that more police, longer sentences and new laws are the solution to ending violence against women
Before you go...
Counterfire is expanding fast as a website and an organisation. We are trying to organise a dynamic extra-parliamentary left in every part of the country to help build resistance to the government and their billionaire backers. If you like what you have read and you want to help, please join us or just get in touch by emailing [email protected] Now is the time!
As national convenor of the Stop the War Coalition, Lindsey was a key organiser of the largest demonstration, and one of the largest mass movements, in British history.
Her books include ‘Material Girls: Women, Men and Work’, ‘Sex, Class and Socialism’, ‘A People’s History of London’ (with John Rees) and ‘How a Century of War Changed the Lives of Women’.
More articles from this author
- Jubilee: pantomime for a failed state - weekly briefing
- Lindsey German statement at Spycops Inquiry
- The Tower Hamlets revolt explodes the election stalemate – weekly briefing
- Winston Churchill: His Times, His Crimes - book review
- This is the real face of the Ukraine war – weekly briefing
- Living with shadows: memory and struggle - Interview with Merilyn Moos
- Russia and Nato: the crocodiles with Ukraine in their jaws